Who doesn’t love waking up on a Sunday morning to the smell of pancakes in the air?
This month we have a delicious recipe for you that is not only yummy but is sneakily healthier than your average pancake too!!
Even though it’s a Tuesday why not spoil yourself and your family on February 17th for Pancake Day!\
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup skim milk, plus more if necessary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 cup mixed fresh berries
200g container of plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg, milk, salt, and brown sugar until mixed well. Stir in the dry ingredients and the fresh berries.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- While the pan is heating up, mix together the yogurt, milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drop 1/4 cup of the batter on the pan per pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Place three pancakes on a plate and pour 1/4 of the yogurt sauce on top. Add fresh berries and enjoy. Serves four.
For the printable version CLICK HERE